Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tool 11

The tools that I will use include dropbox, google docs, and poll everywhere.  I plan to use poll everywhere to do whole-class review of multiple choice problems before a test.

The main change that I see is that I can use tools to do more asynchronous learning.  So that I don't always have to be in front of the kids in our classroom for them to learn.  I think some of the other things that 11 tools suggests, like chatting with kids in other countries, applies more to subjects other than math.

I learned that there are a huge number of web 2.0 tools available for free that allow people to share information with others.

1 comment:

  1. I think it could be interesting to see how math concepts are taught in other countries. Students could share their methods. I think that could be an interesting wiki to work collaboratively on. What about having students create their own site of tutorials? Maybe the kids in other countries could ask them how to solve something? I would also like to see some teachers use Google Earth to create some real world math problems. If you're interested let me know!

    Yes, there are a lot of tools out there. Hopefully, through this experience you have connected with a few other bloggers of math and you can continue to learn and grow!

    ReplyDelete